Monday, August 24, 2015

Speed Racer Part 4: The Cars!!!

This was the assignment that I was the most excited to do. I started redesigning the Mach 5 first and took it in crazy futuristic directions. It was a lot of fun for a bunch of days (spread over a couple of weeks) but nothing I desgined really clicked or looked as iconic. Not a problem as feedback and bouncing ideas off others produces an awesome result. 

I was told to tone it down so I did.


Still not what they were looking for so the had their internal artist send these... 


I don't think they liked me tweaking their design because they eventually sent this...


Okay... so they wanted to stick to their version of the Mach 6. I will at least get to design the other vehicles right?? Like Racer X's Shooting Star?


Wrong again!


Well then, I'll at least get to design the less important vehicles right?

I was soooo naive




double sigh






No comments:

Post a Comment